Iran confirms next round of US talks to be in Italy not Oman: State TV

The next round of nuclear talks between Iran and the United States will be held on Saturday in Italy and not Oman, Iranian state media reported.
"The second round of Iran-US nuclear talks will be held next Saturday in Rome... and the Omani foreign ministry will be hosting the talks," Iran's state TV said.
European officials had earlier said the talks would be held in Rome, but Iranian officials had insisted they would be held in Oman.
Also on Wednesday, a spokesman for the Italian foreign ministry confirm to AFP that the talks would be held in Rome.
Iran's foreign ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baqaei in a post on X appeared to criticise the changing of the location of the talks.
"In diplomacy, such a move, promoted by extremist elements lacking an understanding of logic or the art of reasonable negotiation, can jeopardise any beginning," he said, adding that it can "be seen as a lack of seriousness and good faith."
The first round of talks, held last Saturday in Oman's capital Muscat, was led by US Special Envoy Steve Witkoff and Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi.
In the wake of recent Israeli airstrikes that killed senior Houthi officials in Yemen, including the group's Prime Minister Ahmed Ghaleb al-Rahawi,…
Sana'a – Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz issued a stark warning on Friday, declaring that Yemen will face the same fate as Iran if Houth…
Sana’a –  The European Union has called for the immediate and unconditional release of all individuals subjected to enforced disap…