Yemen's Main Parties Suspend Talks With Shiite Rebels

A senior politician says that Yemen's main political parties suspended United Nations-brokered talks with their rival Shiite rebels who are in control of the capital.
Former President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi, who resigned last month, remains under house arrest by the rebels, along with his Cabinet.
Rival parties are demanding the rebels, known as Houthis, release Hadi and allow the parliament to convene to consider his resignation, the politician said.
He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the press.
The Houthis reject the legitimacy of the parliament. They have given a three-day-ultimatum, starting Sunday, for politicians and rival parties come up with an acceptable plan or else they threaten to completely take over the government.
AP
Aden– A ballistic missile launched from Houthi-controlled territory in Yemen toward Israel crashed before reaching its target, marking the fi…
Al-Mahra – A senior figure in Al-Qaeda’s Yemeni branch has been assassinated in what appears to be part of a widening internal purge wi…
Sanaa – Armed members of the Houthi movement have raided offices of several United Nations agencies in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, detaining m…