Suspected Al-Qaeda gunmen kill 2 soldiers in Yemen

ADEN: Two Yemeni soldiers were killed and two wounded when they were ambushed while on patrol by suspected Al-Qaeda militants in the central province of Marib, a regional official said Thursday.
Marib has most of Yemen's oil and gas fields and has long been a battleground between various factions, including local tribesmen, Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) insurgents and other Islamists, and government forces.
Now tribesmen say the province is subject to an advance by Iranian-allied Houthi fighters, who took over the capital Sanaa in September and brought about the collapse of the U.S.-backed government last week.
A CIA drone strike on a car in Yemen killed three suspected Al-Qaeda militants in Marib Monday, the first since the Sanaa government stepped down, in a sign such U.S. operations will continue despite the political crisis.
Houthi leader Abdel-Malek al-Houthi said Tuesday his movement was seeking a peaceful transfer of power after the resignation of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi, and urged all Yemeni factions to work together to that end.
Aden– A ballistic missile launched from Houthi-controlled territory in Yemen toward Israel crashed before reaching its target, marking the fi…
Al-Mahra – A senior figure in Al-Qaeda’s Yemeni branch has been assassinated in what appears to be part of a widening internal purge wi…
Sanaa – Armed members of the Houthi movement have raided offices of several United Nations agencies in the Yemeni capital, Sanaa, detaining m…